Impressive Health Benefits of Barley Water
Barley is a whole grain which is rich in vitamins and mineral, phosphorous, mangense, calcium, magnesium and copper, iron and vitamin b13, selenium, zinc. You can get so much health benefits not only just by including it in your diet but also by preparing its nourishing tonic called barley water
How to Make Barley Water
- Put Barley in a bowl and rinse it under running water
- Soak it in water for around 4-5 hours.
- Now strain the barley, and add 1 cup of soaked barley in 4 cups of water.
- Make it up to boil and then cover it for
- Strain it, and mix 1 cup of the soaked barley in 3 to 4 cups of water.
- Bring it to a boil, and then let it simmer (covered) for 45 minutes to 1 hour or until the grains are cooked and softened.
- Allow it to cool.
- Strain it through a fine mesh strainer, or simply pour it in your cup and let the grains settle at the bottom of the pan.
- Drink 1 to 2 cups of barley water daily. To improve its taste and enhance its health benefits, you can add a little lemon juice and raw honey.